Friday 27 February 2015

Positivity Month Post #27: Only Love...

Hello, thank you for calling in.  It's Friday - hooray!  I do love Friday evenings.  I haven't always loved them - I didn't love them when I had to spend them at work, or when I had to work on Saturdays, but now that we live a more conventional Monday-Friday kind of life, I do love them again. 
 
I spend one Friday evening each month volunteering with a family group which meets locally.  I welcome people at the door, (try to) remember their names, let them know how pleased we are to see them and how special each and every one of them is.  We spend a couple of hours together having fun and eat a meal together.  I love the fact that tired parents can come to us after a week at work and be cared for and fed.  The atmosphere is lively, exciting and happy and I enjoy it very much. We have a "birthday hat" and at the end of the meal, everyone who has a birthday during the current month comes forward and takes it in turns to wear the hat while the assembled company sings "Happy Birthday To You".   That's what I was expecting this evening.
 
BUT they surprised me...with this -
 
 
 
Isn't it amazing?  They turned the tables and made me feel very special.  And happy.  And so the cake was cut and shared between 42 of us, with parcels for some to take home.  If you were there tonight, thank you.  If you made this cake (and I know you read, Sally), THANK YOU.
 
The title of this post is from Frozen: only love can thaw a frozen heart.  My heart is not frozen.
 
See you tomorrow for the last post of  this Positivity Month.
 
Love, Mrs Tiggywinkle x

No comments:

Post a Comment