Tuesday 10 February 2015

Positivity Month Post #9: Birthday


Hello, it's nice to see you.  This picture sums up today's happiness, really.  Today's google doodle made me smile and I wondered which illustrious person's birthday they were celebrating.  Mia Farrow?  Carole King?  Nope.  When I hovered the cursor over the image a label appeared, saying, "Happy Birthday Amanda"!  I was amazed.  Those bloomin' google folk are very clever.  And it's a bit creepy.  How do they know?  From Facebook?  Which records are they using?
 
So today is my birthday and I am fifty.  FIFTY!  And I feel OK.  When I was young, women who were fifty were regarded as old and past it but I don't think that's the case any more.  I certainly don't feel old or past it, whatever it is.
 
The day began well:  The Mathematician decided to stay here for another night so the Best Beloved cooked poached eggs on toast with smoked salmon for three of us this morning.  A magnificent treat.  We have always celebrated birthdays in this house with a special breakfast altogether and it's almost always been croissants, but today it was extra special.  Then he went to work and The Mathematician sat on my bed with me and we opened some of my gifts and cards before she had to leave to go back to university.  I have had a gentle day, pottering, sorting, just being.  I have received many birthday messages from friends and family.  I feel that I have had three days full of love.
 
We had intended to go out this evening, just the two of us, but I have changed my mind.  I want to sit by the fire in my house with my husband and drink champagne.  He is going to cook for me.  It will be quiet and gentle and full of love.  It's been a long time since I have had a perfect birthday, one which fits me just right.  This is it.
 
Lots of love, Mrs Tiggywinkle x

No comments:

Post a Comment