Friday 13 February 2015

Postivity Month Post #13: Fireside

Hello my lovelies.  Thank you for dropping in.  The Best Beloved has told me to keep this short, so I shall.

It's Friday evening.  In our house, this is has always been a special time which we put aside for each other.  In former occupations, when we were often away overnight quite a lot, we always made sure that we were at home on Fridays to be together, so Fridays became, and have remained, special.

So here is today's happy picture -


It's not very sharp but I think you get the gist of it.  I do love a fire and have lived with one all my life except for four short years.  I feel very lucky.  I really couldn't contemplate living without a real fire.  We don't light it every night (we are frugal) but during the cold months we light it every Friday and Saturday.  It is warmth and company and hearth and home and love and it makes me very happy.
 
And the mantelpiece is less tealightastic than usual on account of my birthday cards. 
 
So here endeth the shortness.
 
Love, Mrs Tiggywinkle x 

No comments:

Post a Comment